Unplugged has moved!
Check us out here: reedandriverunplugged.wordpress.com

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dee Ess Tee

Daylight Saving Time has never messed us up as badly as it recently did. On Sunday I told River I had a nice plan that involved a mutual bath. I didn’t say anything else, but she knows what I mean by plan. All indications were that she’d be a willing participant.

She comes down from Brook’s room around 10 (formerly known as 9) and I bring up the plan. I’m not sure what all she says. I can only remember two words: “Well, actually . . .”. And I really laid it on her. To me those words made it seem that everything she’d said before was a bunch of crap to be henceforth ignored and if possible forgotten, while everything she was about to say was the actual truth that she should have said earlier. In the back of my mind I knew things would spiral out of control and they did. It’s a combination of River taking things too seriously, and me not taking things seriously enough.

No, I can remember more. Part of the “actually” was that it had gotten rather late. That old excuse/reason again. As if she hadn’t noticed everything was an hour later when she changed the kitchen clocks.

So that plan died a horrible death. Somehow we can always stay up later talking about horrible crap, but stay up later to have a nice time? Not so easy. Note to self: don't give negativity so much influence.

We both came around and we snuggled our way to sleep.

The next day DST was still messing us up, but that's a different story.

3 comments:

  1. "Somehow we can always stay up later talking about horrible crap, but stay up later to have a nice time? Not so easy."

    YES. THIS. Flargle.

    xoooooooooooox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you snuggled to sleep... That's always good - although maybe not what you wanted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always snuggle to sleep because we feel stupid in the morning if we don't. At least, I do.

      Delete