Unplugged has moved!
Check us out here: reedandriverunplugged.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

River is sweet

River is sweet when she gets up. Not that kind of sweet, unfortunately. “Do we roll the dice for back rubs now?” “You didn’t say anything.” “Didn’t you like that?” See, there’s the backlash. She recognizes it and leaves. She’s smart. And she pulls us out. Says I haven’t seemed antidepressed enough for about four days. It’s true. Sits on the kitchen floor and kisses me. Says she likes me. And tells the kids they’ve got about 15 minutes until it’s time to leave for school. “That’s enough time.” She doesn’t get it. That’s ok.

2 comments:

  1. I think it must be the moon or something, throwing everyone out of whack. Call me if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she chose not to counter-backlash. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete